U.S. DOT FY 2023 Phase I Pre-Solicitation Q&A
This U.S. DOT Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Pre-solicitation Q&A Forum provides small businesses an opportunity to submit clarifying questions on the topics published in the U.S. DOT Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Phase I Pre-Solicitation. Questions will be answered by the Technical Experts/Topic Authors at the U.S.DOT Operating Administrations during this period. Questions shall be limited to improving the understanding of a particular topic's requirements and should not share proposal ideas nor proprietary information.
- To create a new account or to sign in with an existing account please click on “sign in” located at the top right of the page.
- A new pop-up window will open to make a selection, you can use an existing Google or Facebook account to access the site or you might select to create a new account.
- If you choose to access UserVoice with an existing Google or Facebook account, you will be required to enter your login credentials for Google or Facebook and agree to terms of service.
- If you need to create a new account, click "Create an Account" underneath the password box.
- In the next screen, type in the e-mail and click "Verify E-mail".
- Navigate to your inbox and click the link within the e-mail to verify. The link will be generated by firstname.lastname@example.org
- That link will be live for 20 minutes. Once that time elapses, you will have to request another one.
- Navigate back to UserVoice, and you will need to provide your name, a password, and agree to terms of service and storage permissions. Click "Create Account".
- Select the research topic your question is related to from the drop-down menu that appears when you begin typing.
- You may add more detail in the Description box(optional). Do NOT attach any files. The U.S. DOT shall not consider any submitted materials other than questions.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- When finished, select “Post idea.” If you registered, you will be able to track responses to your post. Please include only one question or comment per post to help us keep the forum organized.
3 results found
Detection Requirement Clarification
Can some please clarify this requirement: " Inspection of external tie features include" ... "section depth (detection of the effects of tie abrasion in the ballast)"
It is not clear to me how section depth and effects of abrasion in ballast are related.1 vote
Mechanisms for assessing internal conditions
The reference material does not seem to comprehensively describe methods of assessing the internal conditions of concrete ties. Would it be sufficient to identify internal issues based on visible symptoms, such as splitting and bursting? Would a second, comprehensive step of evaluation of potential issues as identified in a broad, at-speed test be considered for this topic?1 vote