U.S. DOT FY 2023 Phase I Pre-Solicitation Q&A
This U.S. DOT Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Pre-solicitation Q&A Forum provides small businesses an opportunity to submit clarifying questions on the topics published in the U.S. DOT Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Phase I Pre-Solicitation. Questions will be answered by the Technical Experts/Topic Authors at the U.S.DOT Operating Administrations during this period. Questions shall be limited to improving the understanding of a particular topic's requirements and should not share proposal ideas nor proprietary information.
- To create a new account or to sign in with an existing account please click on “sign in” located at the top right of the page.
- A new pop-up window will open to make a selection, you can use an existing Google or Facebook account to access the site or you might select to create a new account.
- If you choose to access UserVoice with an existing Google or Facebook account, you will be required to enter your login credentials for Google or Facebook and agree to terms of service.
- If you need to create a new account, click "Create an Account" underneath the password box.
- In the next screen, type in the e-mail and click "Verify E-mail".
- Navigate to your inbox and click the link within the e-mail to verify. The link will be generated by firstname.lastname@example.org
- That link will be live for 20 minutes. Once that time elapses, you will have to request another one.
- Navigate back to UserVoice, and you will need to provide your name, a password, and agree to terms of service and storage permissions. Click "Create Account".
- Select the research topic your question is related to from the drop-down menu that appears when you begin typing.
- You may add more detail in the Description box(optional). Do NOT attach any files. The U.S. DOT shall not consider any submitted materials other than questions.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- When finished, select “Post idea.” If you registered, you will be able to track responses to your post. Please include only one question or comment per post to help us keep the forum organized.
10 results found
Relationship to law enforcement career learning curriculum
When would this training be presented to officers? Experienced officers or early recruits? Is the hope that this system will be available for career-long learning? (as opposed to a class they pass and never go back to)2 votes
Relationship with current training and task emphasis
- Is this VR trainer intended to supplement/add to or replace current training?
- Are there any tasks/specific aspects of current training they hope this VR system will improve?
Is there expectation that the final VR training product should be accessible primarily in VR headsets or should it be accessible on tablet and/or computer hardware as well?2 votes
Impairment detection stage
Is the topic interested in detection of impairment while a vehicle is driving down the road only (looking at driving behavior), after the stop (ala a field sobriety test looking at physiological behavior), or both?3 votes
Desired hardware specs?
What are the desired hardware specs for the SBIR developed prototype, and for any field-implemented device?2 votes
Can you provide insight on the DRE SME expectations?
For the statement below, can the subject matter expertise be via a contracted consultant(s) or do you envision the team working with a training organization that has DRE experience / SMEs?
To achieve this, it is expected that subject matter expertise in the areas of drug-impaired driving enforcement will inform the training approach and material. Ideally, these subject matter experts (SMEs) should be drug recognition experts (DRE); drug recognition expert instructors; or drug recognition expert state coordinators who are familiar with the content and application of the DECP.1 vote
The topic mentions virtual. Is the use of augmented reality of interest?
What is the interest in AR, if any? The team would like to know if there prioritized targets for how the training/course is deployed to users.2 votes
For Phase I, is there an expectation that filming for the training program take place or just the curriculum build?1 vote
VR driving simulation
Our company designs driving simulators with VR.
Would it be of interest to train law enforcement officials to recognize erratic driving? I welcome collaboration with folks who have expertise in impaire driving. email@example.com vote
Can applications be related to immersive and scalable VR driving training for individuals with ADHD/ASD?1 vote