Skip to content

Inclusive Design Challenge Forum

This forum provides an opportunity for project teams and potential advisors to connect with each other to collaborate and inform proposals. Teams participating in the Inclusive Design Challenge are strongly encouraged to identify representatives from both industry and the disability community. These representatives may serve as advisors and/or team members and help inform the direction of their idea based on their knowledge and expertise. Strong proposals will be well-informed by a rich understanding of user needs and industry conditions.

How it works:
  • Post a comment about your interest. For example, are you a team seeking an advisor, an advisor seeking a team, or do you have general question on the topic for your peers? If you are looking to connect with others, provide a way for them to contact you. All comments will be public information.
  • Check out questions, comments, or ideas others have suggested. You can even “like” a comment by voting to show your interest.
  • Be sure to create an account to sign in to be able to track responses to your post.
Thanks for joining our Challenge forum and for your interest in creating inclusive design solutions for the future of automated vehicles.

Do you have a Challenge question or suggestion?

Questions?  Contact us at inclusivedesign@dot.gov

1 result found

1. Available team member or advisor with a PhD in human factors engineering, a disability, and extensive experience with paratransit

I have a PhD from Virginia Tech and was the chair person of the disability advisory commission and transportation advisory commission in Arlington Virginia for six years. I recently moved to Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. I would like to make myself available to work with any project teams as I feel the goals of the inclusive design challenge are worthwhile and I can contribute a lot. Please check out my LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/william-staderman-3099151/. please e-mail me to discuss further: wstaderman@verizon.net.

William Staderman

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Feedback and Knowledge Base